He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. Luke 4:16-19 nrsv
Jesus, Himself, proclaimed that He was sent to set others free. Jesus is the subject, and, as His followers, we are also called to set men and women free from their earthly bonds. How can we ignore the modern-day slavery that is sex trafficking? We can take action in our communities. Here are a few ways to fight trafficking locally:
- Report suspected sex trafficking to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC). Call the Hotline at 888-373-7888 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or submit a tip online.
- Start an anti-trafficking campaign in your community. Rally others around key areas of fighting trafficking: raising awareness; prevention; compassion for trafficking victims; providing services that transform lives of trafficking victims; building community with victims of and those who are most at vulnerable to trafficking.
- Get trained on how to work directly with victims of sex trafficking in your community. CHOG TraffickLight has regional trainings available for you to attend. View upcoming training events here.
- Start a ministry through your church or organization that fights trafficking or involves outreach to trafficking victims and those at risk.
- Partner with other CHOG ministries that are currently fighting sex trafficking around the world. Click here to contact us.
- Help fund the fight on a global scale. Join the 1000 x $1000 campaign. Donate now!